How Long Does It Take To Read The Bible In 90 Days?
Reading the Bible is essential for every Christian. It is the foundation of faith, the guide for daily living, and the source of comfort and wisdom. However, reading the entire Bible can be a daunting task, particularly if you have a busy schedule. One way to read the Bible and complete it in a shorter time is to read it in 90 days.
But how long does it take to read the Bible in 90 days? The answer varies for each person, but there are a few factors you can consider to estimate how long it may take you to complete this challenge. In this article, we will explore the factors that affect reading speed and provide a general estimate of how long it may take to read through the entire Bible in 90 days.
Factors that Affect Reading Speed
Before estimating how long it takes to read the Bible in 90 days, let us first consider some factors that can influence how fast or slow you read.
1. Reading Comprehension: Reading comprehension refers to how well you understand what you’re reading. If you’re a slow reader, it may be because you’re struggling to understand the text, leading to constant re-reading and a slower pace.
2. Reading Fluency: Reading fluency is the speed and accuracy in which you read. If you’re struggling with pronouncing words, typing, or reading the Bible in your second language, your reading fluency may be slower.
3. Distractions: If you’re reading the Bible in 90 days, you may be squeezing in some reading time in between work, family, and other commitments. Sudden distractions such as a phone call, a buzzing notification, or shouts from your children can slow down your pace.
4. Prior Knowledge: If you’re familiar with the contents of the Bible, significant stories, and verses, your speed may be quicker than if everything is new.
5. Personal preferences: Some people like to take their time reading the Bible, reflecting on each verse, or looking up related materials. Individuals who enjoy reading at a slow pace may take more than 90 days to complete the challenge.
6. Motivation: Motivation or lack thereof can have a significant influence on your reading speed. If you’re excited and committed to the challenge, you may read quicker and more efficiently.
Estimating How Long It Takes To Read the Bible in 90 Days
Now that we’ve identified the factors that can influence a person’s reading speed let us try to estimate how long it may take you to read through the entire Bible in 90 days.
The Bible contains 66 books, with a total of 1,189 chapters and approximately 31,173 verses (depending on the version you’re reading).
Suppose you’re reading an average version of the Bible with around 1,200 pages. To complete the 90-day Bible Challenge, you would have to read around 13 pages per day.
At an average reading speed of 200-250 words per minute, it would take approximately 70-88 hours to read the entire Bible. If you divide 70-88 hours by 90 days, you would need to spend 46 minutes to 58 minutes each day reading.
However, not everyone reads at the average reading speed. Some people may read faster, while others slower. To simplify, take an estimate of how long it takes to read a page of the Bible. If it takes you 3-4 minutes to read one page of the Bible, then you could expect it to take you around 40-52 hours to complete the challenge.
Remember, the above estimate is not set in stone. Some people may read it faster or slower than that. What matters is setting a realistic goal and ensuring that you can dedicate enough time to complete the challenge.
The Benefits of Reading the Bible in 90 Days
Reading the Bible in 90 days can be a transformative experience for several reasons. Firstly, it enables you to immerse yourself in scripture fully. By reading large volumes of text daily, you gain a better understanding of Biblical themes, characters, and events. Secondly, you increase your discipline and motivation levels. By committing to a challenge and completing it, you train yourself to be disciplined and motivated to achieve other goals in life. Thirdly, it refreshes your faith. Reading the Bible afresh can re-ignite your passion, allowing you to have a new outlook on life.
FAQs on Reading The Bible in 90 Days
1. Can I read the Bible in 90 days if I have a busy schedule?
Yes, it’s possible. You only need to carve out some time every day to read at least 13 pages of the Bible.
2. How much time do I need to set aside each day to complete the challenge?
On average, you would need to spend 46-58 minutes each day reading to complete the Bible Challenge in 90 days.
3. What are the benefits of reading the Bible in 90 days?
Reading the Bible in 90 days can help you to improve your reading comprehension, increase your faith, and be more disciplined and motivated.
4. How can I prepare for the Bible in 90 Days Challenge?
You can prepare by selecting a version of the Bible that suits you, setting a realistic daily reading target, and developing a structured reading plan.
5. Can I read the Bible in multiple translations during the Bible in 90 Days Challenge?
Yes, you can. There is no restriction on how many versions of the Bible you can read, as long as you read the entire Bible in 90 days.
6. What should I do if I fall behind the reading schedule?
If you fall behind, do not give up. Instead, adjust your reading plan to suit your schedule better, and keep moving forward until you complete the challenge.
Reading the Bible in 90 days is an excellent way to deepen your faith, understand scripture, and boost your discipline and motivation. Though the time it takes to complete the challenge may vary from person to person, what matters is setting a realistic goal and sticking to it. Be sure to pray for guidance, find an accountability partner, and have confidence that you can complete the challenge.