How Much Does a Barn Wedding Cost?
Barn weddings have become increasingly popular in recent years, and it’s easy to see why. The rustic charm of a barn provides the perfect backdrop for a romantic and intimate wedding ceremony. But before you dive headfirst into planning your barn wedding, it’s important to understand the costs involved. In this article, we’ll break down the various expenses you may encounter when planning a barn wedding and offer tips for keeping costs under control.
How Much Does It Cost to Rent a Barn for a Wedding?
The cost of renting a barn for a wedding can vary widely depending on a number of factors, including the location, size, and amenities of the barn. On average, you can expect to pay between $3,000 and $7,000 to rent a barn for a full day. This price typically includes things like tables, chairs, lighting, and other basic decorations.
It’s important to note that this price may not include certain amenities you may need, like a sound system or restrooms. Depending on the barn, you may need to rent these items separately, which can significantly increase the overall cost.
What Are Some Other Costs to Consider?
While renting the barn is likely to be your biggest expense, there are a number of other costs to consider when planning a barn wedding. Here are a few to keep in mind:
– Catering: Food and drinks are a must for any wedding, and the cost can add up quickly. According to The Knot, the average cost of wedding catering in the United States is around $70 per person. Keep in mind that if you’re having your wedding in a remote location, you may need to pay extra for delivery and set-up.
– Entertainment: Whether you’re hiring a band or a DJ, you’ll need to budget for entertainment. Prices can vary widely depending on the type of music you prefer and the length of your reception. Expect to pay anywhere from $500 to $5,000 or more for entertainment.
– Photography and Videography: Capturing your special day in photos and video is a must, and it’s worth investing in a professional to do the job. Wedding photographers and videographers can cost anywhere from $1,000 to $10,000 or more. Be sure to shop around and find someone whose style you love.
– Decorations: While many barns come with basic decorations like lighting and tablecloths, you may want to add your own personal touch with additional decor. This can include everything from centerpieces and signage to flowers and drapery. On average, couples spend around $2,000 on wedding decor.
– Transportation and Lodging: If you’re getting married in a remote location, you may need to budget for transportation and lodging for you and your guests. Depending on your location, this can add up quickly.
How Can You Save Money on a Barn Wedding?
While a barn wedding may seem expensive, there are a number of ways to keep costs under control. Here are a few tips for saving money without sacrificing on style:
– Hold your wedding on a weekday or during the off-season. Many wedding venues offer discounts for weddings held on less popular days or during slower months.
– Limit your guest list. The more people you invite, the more expensive your wedding will be. Consider paring down your guest list to close friends and family only.
– Opt for a buffet or family-style meal rather than a formal sit-down dinner. This can save you money on catering costs.
– DIY your decorations. There are plenty of tutorials available on Pinterest and elsewhere online for making your own wedding decor. Get creative and try your hand at making your own centerpieces or signage.
– Skip the open bar. While your guests will appreciate a well-stocked bar, offering just beer and wine can significantly reduce your bar tab.
Q: What is the average cost of a barn wedding?
A: The average cost of a barn wedding can vary widely depending on a number of factors. On average, couples can expect to spend between $20,000 and $30,000 for a full-service barn wedding.
Q: What is included in the cost of renting a barn for a wedding?
A: The cost of renting a barn for a wedding typically includes things like tables, chairs, lighting, and basic decorations. However, this may vary depending on the specific barn and the rental company.
Q: Do barn wedding venues provide catering?
A: Some barn wedding venues may provide on-site catering, while others may require you to bring in your own caterer. Be sure to ask about catering options when evaluating different venues.
Q: Can you have a barn wedding on a budget?
A: Yes! While barn weddings can be expensive, there are plenty of ways to save money without sacrificing on style. Consider holding your wedding during the off-season, keeping your guest list small, DIYing your decor, and opting for a less formal meal.
A barn wedding can be a beautiful and romantic way to celebrate your big day. While the cost may seem daunting, careful planning and budgeting can help you keep expenses under control. By being mindful of costs and considering ways to save money, you can have the barn wedding of your dreams without breaking the bank.