How To Remote Start Chevy Silverado 2021
The 2021 Chevy Silverado is a popular pickup truck that is available with a remote start system. The system allows you to start the engine from outside the vehicle, which can be useful during the cold winter months or on hot summer days. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to remote start Chevy Silverado 2021 and answer some frequently asked questions.
How to Remote Start Chevy Silverado 2021
Before we start with the step-by-step guide, it’s important to make sure that you have the remote start system on your Chevy Silverado. You can check the owner’s manual or ask your dealer to confirm if your truck is equipped with the feature. Once confirmed, follow these instructions to use the remote start:
1. Make sure that your vehicle is in park and the doors are locked.
2. Press the lock button on your key fob twice within five seconds to activate the remote start system. The lights will flash, and the engine will start.
3. If you want to start the engine for a longer duration, you can press the remote start button again as long as it’s within 10 minutes of the first start.
4. Once you approach your vehicle, unlock the doors with the key fob, and the engine will turn off automatically.
Tips for Remote Starting Your Silverado
Remote starting your Chevy Silverado is simple and straightforward, but some tips can make your experience even better. Here are a few additional things to keep in mind:
1. Ensure that you have enough fuel in the tank to start the engine remotely. Running out of gas will make it difficult to restart the engine, which may result in costly repairs.
2. If you have aftermarket remote start systems or additional key fobs, make sure that they’re not in the range of your Chevy Silverado’s remote start system, as they may interfere with the signal.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some common queries related to remote starting Chevy Silverado 2021:
1. Can I remote start my Chevy Silverado from my mobile phone?
Unfortunately, the 2021 Chevy Silverado does not offer a mobile app-based remote start feature, unlike several other modern vehicles. You can use the key fob remote start system instead.
2. Can I remote start my Chevy Silverado if it’s in gear?
No, you cannot remote start your Chevy Silverado if it’s in gear. The vehicle must be in park mode for the remote start system to work.
3. What’s the maximum range of the Chevy Silverado 2021 remote start system?
The remote start system of the Chevy Silverado 2021 has a maximum range of up to 200 to 300 feet. However, the range can vary depending on several factors, such as weather conditions and obstructions.
4. Can I use the remote start system when the hood of my Chevy Silverado is open?
No, you cannot use the remote start system when the hood of your Chevy Silverado is open. The system has a safety feature that disables the remote start if the hood is not securely closed.
Remote starting your Chevy Silverado 2021 is a convenient feature that can save you time and make your life easier. By following the simple steps outlined above, you can enjoy the benefits of the system. However, make sure to follow the tips and guidelines to ensure safe and efficient operation. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to consult your owner’s manual or contact your local Chevy dealer.