How Do I Add Apps To My Older Hisense Smart TV?
A smart TV allows you to stream videos and access apps such as Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Prime without a separate device. If you own an older Hisense Smart TV, you might face some challenges in adding new apps to the device due to its outdated operating system. However, there are some workarounds to install and enjoy a wide range of apps on your Hisense television.
In this article, we will guide you through the processes involved in adding new apps to your older Hisense Smart TV. Moreover, we will answer frequently asked questions about adding and managing apps on smart TVs.
How Do I Identify My Hisense Smart TV Model?
Before we dive into the details of adding apps to your older Hisense Smart TV, you need to identify the exact model of your TV. This information will help you in understanding whether your TV supports the apps you want to add or not. Here are the steps to identify your Hisense Smart TV model:
1. Turn on your Hisense Smart TV
2. Press the “Menu” button on your remote
3. Navigate to the “Settings” option and press the “Enter” button
4. Scroll down and select the “All” option
5. Look for the “About” or “System Information” section
6. In this section, you will find detailed information about your TV model number, software version, and other relevant details.
How Do I Add Apps To My Older Hisense Smart TV?
There are several methods to add apps to your older Hisense Smart TV. In this section, we will discuss some of the most popular methods that you can use to expand the functionality of your TV.
Method 1: Use the App Store on Hisense Smart TV
If your Hisense Smart TV is connected to the internet, you can access the built-in app store to download and install new apps. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Press the “Home” button on your remote to go to the Hisense Smart TV home screen
2. Navigate to the “Apps” button and press “Enter”
3. Browse through the list of available apps and select the app you want to install
4. Click “Install” and wait for the app to download and install on your TV.
Not all apps are available on the Hisense Smart TV app store, and some apps may be outdated or not supported on older models. If you cannot find the app you want on the built-in app store or see an error message, try the next method.
Method 2: Use the USB port on your Hisense Smart TV
You can download the app apk file from the internet, transfer it to a USB drive, and install it on your TV using the USB port. Here are the steps:
1. Download the required APK file from a trusted source on the internet
2. Insert the USB drive into your computer and create a new folder called “APK” (or any other name you prefer)
3. Transfer the APK file to the “APK” folder in the USB drive
4. Eject the USB from your computer and plug it into the USB port on your Hisense Smart TV
5. On your TV, go to the “Files” app, navigate to the “APK” folder, and select the APK file you want to install
6. Click “Install” and wait for the app to install on your TV.
Bear in mind that some apps may not work correctly or may be outdated, causing compatibility issues. Moreover, installing apps from third-party sources raises security concerns, and you should only download apps from reliable sources.
Method 3: Use a streaming device
Using a streaming device such as Amazon Fire Stick, Chromecast, or Roku allows you to bypass the limitations of your older Hisense Smart TV operating system. These devices connect to your TV’s HDMI port and allow you to download and install a wide range of apps, including those not available on your TV’s app store. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Connect your streaming device to your older Hisense Smart TV via the HDMI port
2. Follow the instructions provided by your device to install it and set it up
3. Download and install the apps you want to use on the streaming device
4. Access these apps on your TV by switching to the input source used by the streaming device.
Streaming devices offer a more extensive selection of apps and better user experience as they have more robust specifications than older smart TVs.
FAQs About Adding Apps to Older Hisense Smart TVs
1. Can I upgrade the operating system on my older Hisense Smart TV?
No, it is not possible to upgrade the operating system on Hisense Smart TVs.
2. Why am I unable to download apps from the built-in app store on my Hisense Smart TV?
This may be due to regional restrictions, unsupported apps, or outdated operating system versions on older models.
3. How do I download apps from the internet safely?
Make sure to download apps from reliable sources, and avoid downloading from untrusted sources. You can use antivirus software to scan the APK files before installing them.
4. Can I use a VPN on my Hisense Smart TV to bypass regional restrictions?
Yes, you can install a VPN app on your Hisense Smart TV via the USB method or use a streaming device with a built-in VPN service.
5. What are the recommended streaming devices for older Hisense Smart TVs?
Amazon Fire Stick, Chromecast, Roku, and Apple TV are all popular streaming devices that work well with older Hisense Smart TVs.
In conclusion, adding apps to your older Hisense Smart TV is possible using the built-in app store, USB method, or streaming devices. While the built-in app store has limitations in terms of the available apps, the USB method can raise security and compatibility concerns. Using a streaming device is the best option for expanding the functionality of your older Hisense Smart TV with a vast selection of apps and better user experience. Always follow the recommended guidelines to ensure the safety and reliability of the apps you download and install on your TV.