How Do I Sign Out Of Kindle App?
Kindle is an e-book app that has been preferred by many readers for its ease of use and flexibility. Reading on this app can be addictively fun but there comes a time when you have to sign out. Do you know how to sign out of your Kindle app? If not, this guide will show you through each of the process step by step.
Why Do You Need to Sign Out of Kindle App?
You might be wondering why anyone would want to sign out of the Kindle app. There are a few reasons why you might want to do this:
1. To protect your privacy: If you’re using a shared device and don’t want anyone else to access your reading progress or purchase history, it’s good to sign out when you’re done.
2. Security: If you lose your device, it’s important to sign out to prevent anyone from accessing your content.
3. Multiple accounts: If you have multiple Kindle accounts, you may want to sign out of one account to sign in to another.
Steps to Sign Out of Kindle App
Now that you know the reasons why you need to sign out of Kindle, let’s look at the ways you can sign out on different devices.
1. Kindle App on iOS
To sign out of Kindle app on iOS, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Kindle app on your iOS device.
2. Tap on the “More” icon (three dots) located at the bottom right corner of your device.
3. Click on “Settings” on the menu that pops up.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see “Sign Out”, and then click it.
5. Confirm the action by tapping “Sign Out” on the confirmation message.
2. Kindle App on Android
To sign out of Kindle app on Android, you need to follow these steps:
1. Open the Kindle app on your Android device.
2. Tap on the “More” icon (three horizontal lines) located at the top left of your screen.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on “Settings”.
4. Click on ‘Deregister’, which will sign you out of the app.
5. Click on ‘Deregister’ one more time on the confirmation message pop up.
3. Kindle App on Kindle Fire
To sign out of Kindle app on Kindle Fire, follow these steps:
1. Swipe down from the top of your Kindle Fire home screen and click on “More”.
2. Click on “My Account” and then “Deregister” from the list of options.
3. Confirm sign out by clicking Yes on the pop-up menu.
4. Kindle App on PC or Mac
To sign out of Kindle app on PC or Mac, follow these steps:
1. Open the Kindle app on your PC or Mac.
2. Click on “Tools” located at the top of your screen.
3. Select “Options” from the dropdown menu.
4. Click on “Deregister” from the options on the left side of your screen.
5. Confirm sign out by selecting ‘Deregister’ at the bottom of the pop-up message.
Once you click ‘sign out’, your Kindle app will be logged out, and you will not be able to access any of your books on that particular device.
FAQs About Signing Out of Kindle App
Here are some common questions that users have about the Kindle app sign-out:
How Do I Know If I Signed Out of the Kindle App?
Once you sign out, you won’t have access to your Kindle library on that device. You should be able to confirm that you’ve signed out of the Kindle app the moment you try to open an ebook in your library; you will receive a pop-up message requesting your Amazon credentials.
Will Amazon Delete My Books If I Sign Out?
No. Your books will still be available on the cloud, and you can always download them when you sign back in.
Do I Have to Sign Out of All My Kindle Accounts?
No. If you have multiple accounts, you only need to sign out of the one you are currently using.
Signing out of your Kindle app is an easy process that you can complete in a few simple steps. It’s important to remember to sign out if you’re using a shared device or if you want to protect your privacy as no one else will have access to your reading progress or purchase history. Now that you know how to sign out of the Kindle app, you should worry less when using your device.