How To Add Groovy To Discord 2021: The Ultimate Guide
If you’re an avid gaming and music fan, then you know that having a music bot on Discord is essential. While there are various music bots available on Discord, Groovy is one of the most popular and reliable choices. Not only does it let you listen to music, but it also comes with other features such as song lyrics, queue management, and more.
If you’re new to Discord and are wondering how to add Groovy to your server, you’re in luck as we’ve put together an ultimate guide for you. This article will go through everything you need to know about adding Groovy to your Discord server, from creating an account to inviting the bot to your server. Let’s get started:
Step 1: Create a Groovy Account
The first thing you’ll need to do is to create an account on the Groovy website. Here’s how to do it:
1. Visit the Groovy website at
2. Click on the ‘Login’ button located at the top right corner of the homepage.
3. You’ll be redirected to a page where you can log in with your Discord account. Click on the ‘Login with Discord’ button to proceed.
4. If you’re not already logged in to Discord, you’ll be prompted to do so. Enter your Discord account details when prompted.
5. Once you’ve logged in, you’ll be redirected back to the Groovy website. Click on the ‘Authorize’ button to give the bot permission to access your Discord account.
6. Congratulations! You’ve successfully created a Groovy account.
Step 2: Add Groovy Bot to Your Discord Server
Now that you’ve created a Groovy account, the next step is to add the bot to your Discord server. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the official Discord website at and log in to your account.
2. Once you’re logged in, click on the ‘Add a Server’ button located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
3. Enter a name for your new server and select a region for it. Then, click on the ‘Create’ button.
4. Once your new server is ready, click on the ‘Settings’ icon (the gear icon) located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
5. Click on the ‘Integrations’ tab and then click on the ‘Add Integration’ button.
6. Select ‘Groovy’ from the list of available integrations.
7. Click on the ‘Authorize’ button to give Groovy permission to access your server.
8. Congratulations! You’ve successfully added Groovy bot to your Discord server.
Step 3: Using Groovy on Your Discord Server
Now that you’ve added Groovy to your server, you can start using it to play music. Here’s how to use Groovy on your Discord server:
1. Type ‘!play’ followed by the name of a song or artist you want to listen to. For example, if you want to listen to music by Ed Sheeran, type ‘!play Ed Sheeran.’
2. Groovy will search for the song or artist you requested and start playing it on your server.
3. You can use other commands to control the playback, such as ‘!pause’ to pause a song, ‘!skip’ to skip to the next song, and ‘!queue’ to see the current song queue.
4. You can also use Groovy to search for lyrics for a song. Type ‘!lyrics’ followed by the name of the song. For example, if you want to search for lyrics for the song ‘Shape Of You’ by Ed Sheeran, type ‘!lyrics Shape Of You.’
1. Can I use Groovy on multiple servers?
Yes, Groovy is designed to work on multiple servers. Once you’ve added it to your server, you can use it on any server where you have administrative privileges.
2. Can I customize Groovy’s settings?
Yes, you can customize Groovy’s settings to suit your preferences. You can change the bot’s volume, set a custom prefix, and more. To do this, type ‘!settings’ followed by the setting you want to change. For example, to change the bot’s volume, type ‘!settings volume 50.’
3. Is Groovy free to use?
Groovy offers both free and paid plans. The free plan comes with restricted features and a monthly limit of 24/7 playing. If you want to access all the features, you’ll need to subscribe to the paid plan.
4. How do I upgrade to a paid plan?
To upgrade to a paid plan, visit the Groovy website and click on the ‘Upgrade’ button. Select the plan you want and follow the instructions to complete the payment process.
Adding Groovy to your Discord server is a straightforward process that requires a few simple steps. Once you’ve added the bot to your server, you can start using it to play your favorite music and enjoy all its other features. With this guide and the FAQs section, you now have everything you need to know about adding Groovy to your Discord server in 2021. Happy listening!