How To Boil Eggs In Air Fryer
Air fryers have revolutionized cooking, providing a healthier way to cook fried food. However, do you know that you can also use your air fryer to boil your eggs? Boiled eggs are nutritious and easy to prepare. They can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. In this article, we will discuss how to boil eggs in an air fryer, and answer some of the frequently asked questions about air frying eggs.
How To Boil Eggs In Air Fryer
Boiling eggs in an air fryer is a simple process. Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Place the eggs in the air fryer basket. You can place as many eggs as you want, as long as they fit in the basket without overcrowding. If you want to cook deviled eggs or egg salad, choose the number of eggs that you need.
Step 2: Add water to the air fryer basket. The amount of water you add depends on the number of eggs you are cooking. For example, if you are cooking two eggs, add about a cup of water. If you are cooking six eggs, you can add two cups of water.
Step 3: Turn the air fryer on to 270 degrees Fahrenheit and set the timer for 16-18 minutes. The cooking time will vary depending on the size of the eggs and how you like them cooked. If you prefer soft-boiled eggs, set the timer for around 8-10 minutes. For medium-boiled eggs, set the timer for 12-14 minutes. If you like your eggs hard-boiled, set the timer for 16-18 minutes. You may want to experiment with the cooking time until you find the time that works best for you.
Step 4: Once the timer goes off, use tongs to remove the eggs from the basket and place them immediately into a bowl of ice water. This will stop the cooking process and make them easy to peel. Let them cool for at least 15 minutes before peeling them.
Step 5: Peel the eggs and enjoy! You can store them in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Tips For Perfect Eggs In Air Fryer
– Use fresh eggs for best results.
– Make sure that the eggs are at room temperature before boiling them.
– Pierce the eggs with a needle or thumbtack to prevent them from cracking while cooking.
– Use the right amount of water to avoid undercooked or overcooked eggs.
– Use an ice bath to cool the eggs quickly and prevent them from overcooking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use an air fryer to cook soft-boiled eggs?
– Yes, you can. For soft-boiled eggs, cook them for around 8-10 minutes.
How do I know when the eggs are done?
– The easiest way to tell if the eggs are cooked is by looking at the yolk. If you want soft-boiled eggs, the yolk should be runny. For medium-boiled eggs, the yolk should be slightly set, while for hard-boiled eggs, the yolk should be fully set.
Can I cook eggs with other foods in the air fryer?
– Yes, you can. However, ensure that you do not overcrowd the air fryer basket.
Can I cook frozen eggs in an air fryer?
– No, you cannot. The eggs must be thawed before cooking.
Can I cook eggs without water in an air fryer?
– No, you cannot. The water is necessary to create steam to cook the eggs.
Boiling eggs in an air fryer is a simple and easy process. With minimal effort, you can have perfect hard-boiled, soft-boiled, or medium-boiled eggs. Follow the steps outlined in this article to achieve perfect boiled eggs in your air fryer.