How To Cook Turkey Wings On The Grill
When it comes to grilling, many people tend to stick to classic meats like burgers, hot dogs, and chicken breasts. However, there is one meat that often gets overlooked – turkey wings. Grilling turkey wings can be a delicious and healthy alternative to other meats, and can be a great option for a summer BBQ or a game day snack. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to cook turkey wings on the grill.
– 2 lbs turkey wings
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp onion powder
– 1 tsp smoked paprika
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp black pepper
– BBQ sauce (optional)
1. Preheat your grill to medium heat (around 350°F).
2. While your grill is heating up, prepare your turkey wings. Rinse them under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels. Trim any excess fat or skin and separate the drumettes from the flat part of the wing.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Rub this mixture all over the turkey wings, making sure each wing is coated evenly.
4. Place the turkey wings on the grill, flat side down. Cook for around 10 minutes or until the skin starts to brown and crisp up. Flip the wings over and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
5. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the wings. They should reach a temperature of 165°F for safe consumption. If they haven’t reached this temperature yet, continue cooking and checking the temperature every few minutes.
6. Once the wings are fully cooked, remove them from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes. If desired, brush them with BBQ sauce for extra flavor.
7. Serve and enjoy your deliciously grilled turkey wings!
Q: How do I prevent my turkey wings from sticking to the grill?
A: To prevent the turkey wings from sticking, make sure your grill grates are clean and well-oiled before placing the wings on them. You can also brush some oil onto the wings themselves before grilling.
Q: Can I use a gas grill instead of a charcoal grill?
A: Yes, you can definitely use a gas grill instead of a charcoal grill. Simply preheat the grill to medium heat as instructed and follow the same cooking steps.
Q: Do I need to marinate the turkey wings before grilling?
A: While marinating can certainly add more flavor to your turkey wings, it is not necessary for grilling. The rub used in this recipe is enough to season the wings and give them delicious flavor.
Q: Can I cook the turkey wings in the oven instead?
A: Yes, you can bake the turkey wings in the oven if you don’t have access to a grill. Preheat your oven to 375°F, place the wings on a baking sheet lined with foil, and bake for around 45 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through.
In conclusion, grilling turkey wings can be a delicious and healthy alternative to other meats, and can be easily prepared with just a few simple steps. With this guide, you can confidently grill the perfect turkey wings every time. Happy grilling!