How To Find A Song By Describing Its Video
Have you ever found yourself tapping your foot to a catchy tune playing on the radio or your favorite TV show? But the problem is, you have no idea what the song is or who the artist is, and all you can remember is the video that went along with it. Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of finding a song by describing its video.
Step 1: Observe the video
The first step in finding a song by its video is to observe the video closely. Look for any clues in the video that might help you identify the song. Some key things to observe include:
1. The setting of the video- Is the video set in a particular place, such as a nightclub, beach, or city?
2. The clothing and style of the people in the video – What are they wearing? What hairstyles do they have?
3. The mood and tone of the video- Is the video happy, sad, or nostalgic?
4. Any props or items featured in the video- Do you see any guitars, pianos, or drums in the video?
5. The visuals- Are there any unique or memorable visuals in the video, such as a particular dance move or lighting effect?
Step 2: Take notes
Now that you have observed the video, take notes of everything you noticed in step one. Write down the setting of the video, the clothing and style of the people in the video, the mood and tone of the video, any props or items featured in the video, and any unique or memorable visuals.
Step 3: Use search engines
Once you have taken notes of everything you noticed in the video, it’s time to use search engines to find the song. Here’s how:
1. Enter the information you have gathered into a search engine. For instance, if you noticed that the video was set in a nightclub, try entering “song from a nightclub video.”
2. Use the lyrics- If you caught any lyrics in the video, use them to search for the song on search engines such as Google. Entering the lyrics in quotation marks could help narrow down the search results to the exact song.
3. Use Shazam or Soundhound- These are two of the most popular song recognition apps. All you have to do is play the video with the song you’re trying to identify, and the app will tell you the title and artist.
Step 4: Use Social Media
Social media can help you to identify the song from a video. Share the video on your social media platforms and ask your friends or followers if they know the song. You may also find forums or groups that discuss music, where you can post the video, and someone might recognize it.
Step 5: Consult an expert
If you’ve tried all the above steps and still can’t find the song, there’s one last option. Consult an expert. You can either contact music blogs or websites or an expert in music to help you find the song. Some websites specialize in identifying music from videos, such as What’s The Song, Tunefind, and Soundtrack Lyrics.
Q: Can I just use the lyrics to find the song?
A: Yes, using lyrics can be an effective way to find a song. However, it’s essential to be accurate when typing out the lyrics to achieve the best search results.
Q: Is it possible to identify classical music by video?
A: Yes, it’s possible to identify classical music by video. In such cases, the video’s setting and era might be essential clues to help identify the piece.
Q: Can I still find a song if I don’t remember anything about the video?
A: It may be challenging to find a song if you don’t remember anything about the video. However, you can try humming the tune to a music expert or use an app like Midomi that uses melody recognition to identify songs.
Next time you find yourself tapping your foot to a catchy tune from a video, but you’re not sure of the song’s title or the artist, don’t worry. You can use the steps above to help you identify the song. Remember to observe the video, take notes, use search engines, consult social media, and seek help from music experts if you’re still stuck. With these steps, you’ll undoubtedly find the song that you’ve been looking for.